How can I put the text into the box?

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Andrey Bushman

Unread post by Andrey Bushman »

Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: How can I put the text into the box?

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Andrey,

Help & Manual doesn't currently support borders for text styles, only for paragraph styles. You can highlight text with a background color in the font settings, which you can also use in a text style, but you can only define a border for an entire paragraph.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Simon Dismore

Unread post by Simon Dismore »

If you are publishing to WebHelp it is possible to create text borders using custom css: see Tim's explanation here. That example uses rounded corners, if you want square corners then remove border-radius.

Alternatively you could use inline images (e.g. PNG, EMF, SVG). However, the image will align to the text baseline which doesn't look so good:
inline-svg-in-pdf.GIF
It occurs to me that if you are presenting EBNF you'll need a special font for the leftwards arrow, in which case the most elegant solution is to create a custom font with the seven boxed symbols. I've done one in Fontographer and it seems to work:
custom-font.GIF
Let me know if you would like a copy of this font: I can't attach an otf file to a post in this forum.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Andrey Bushman

Unread post by Andrey Bushman »

Thank you, I will try to do it!