Premium skins

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

appleton

Premium skins

Unread post by appleton »

I just received your email re the new version 7 of H&M.

I purchased the Premium Pack 2 in April for use with H&M 6.

If I upgrade to version 7 of H&M, will these existing Premium Pack 2 skins work OK with it, or is the Premium Pack 2 mentioned now on your site only for use with version 7 ?
waldemar.hersacher

Re: Premium skins

Unread post by waldemar.hersacher »

The premium pack skins are working with H&M7 as before with H&M6.

I didn't use any feature of the skin but I haven't seen anything which didn't work.
Waldemar
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

The current skins will work fine with Help & Manual 7. However, I have also released a small free update to the Premium Pack skins (2.70) that adds a few improvements. The two most important ones are the ability to use the desktop WebHelp skins for generating EWriter help files, and better support for scalable CHM files in Help & Manual 7 in the dedicated CHM skins. You can use the same credentials for downloading the Premium Pack installer that you already have. Contact me at support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) if you no longer have your download information and I can help you out. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
appleton

Thanks Tim. I've downloaded and installed 2.70 now. The installer mentions "Help and Manual 7 premium Pack 2.7" but I'm presuming that it will also work for H&M version 6.

I have made some minor changes to the templates I chose. Some are changes I guess everyone would have to make such as the URL of one's web site etc, some are for getting images to justify correctly in CHM files (see a previous question of mine in these forums).

Am I right in assuming that if I want to use the corresponding 2.7 template, then ALL of these changes will be wiped out and I'll have to make all the changes again manually?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Sue,

The skins are also fully compatible with Help & Manual 6, of course.
Am I right in assuming that if I want to use the corresponding 2.7 template, then ALL of these changes will be wiped out and I'll have to make all the changes again manually?
No, so long as the changes are all in your configuration variables you can transfer those from your old copy of the skin with the PP Updater utility included with the skins. See "Copying Settings with PP Updater" at the beginning of the Help & Manual Premium Pack help chapter that you can find in the main Help & Manual help.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
appleton

Thanks. I hadn't seen that. I'll give it a try at my next update. I'm glad I asked! :D