Problem with embedded Pictures on HM7

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Walter Hahn

Problem with embedded Pictures on HM7

Unread post by Walter Hahn »

If I compile an existing project (that compiles with HM6 without errors) using HM7 I get some errors with embedded pictures:

Compiler Messages

Cannot convert embedded image "H:\SWV0\EC-SOFTWARE\~tmpchm\embim1.png" in topic Introduction.

Help compiler started: C:\Program Files (x86)\HTML Help Workshop\hhc.exe

Microsoft HTML Help Compiler 4.74.8702

Compiling h:\SWV0\EC-SOFTWARE\TEST.chm

I was unable to attach a small project for testing because I get the error message "The extension hmxz ist not allowed". I will send you TEST.hmxz if I get a email address from you to send to

Best regards,

Walter Hahn
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Problem with embedded Pictures on HM7

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Walter,

Please mail a test project to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and we will check it out right away. However, it is always best NOT to have embedded images in your topics. They bloat your topics and projects unnecessarily, they don't support any normal image functions and if you have too many of them they can cause problems with editing.

You can convert them to external images easily. Just right click on the image and select the conversion option in the context menu. To locate them in your project, generate a full Project Report with Image References using the tool in the Project tab, then search for the word "embedded" in the report. You can then open the topics with the links in the report and correct the embedded images.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.