Publishing options

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Tim Frost

Publishing options

Unread post by Tim Frost »

We have been using an INI file which has around a dozen OPT_ values (e.g. OPT_BREADTRAIL, OPT_FOOTER) on each of the I= lines. It seems these are all gone in v7 because they do not show up in a search of the help. Is there a guide for converting these to v7 options? More importantly, how do I ensure that the FinalBuilder project which builds from the INI file always has these settings correct for the production build, even if I have experimented with or temporarily changed settings in the H&M User Interface?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Publishing options

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Tim,

There is definitely no need to convert or change your INI file. If these are not working there is something that needs to be fixed. First make sure that you are on Build 3601 of Help & Manual 7. There was an issue with command line mode in the original build that has been fixed, so you should definitely get that. However, it is possible that this is something else. So if you do continue to have the issue with the current build please mail me a demo project, your skin and the command line and ini file that you're using and we will test it out.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Tim Frost

Unread post by Tim Frost »

Sorry if I was not clear: I have not tried this yet. I have simply been reviewing the possible differences between 6 and 7 prior to planning a conversion strategy, and I could find none of the OPT_ values in the v7 help file (searching or keywords) when I checked to see if there were any changes or additions in this area. And no mention of them in the batch or INI file topics. So I assumed there was going to be some new way of handling these options.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Tim,

Those OPT_ settings aren't in the V7 help file because they are Premium Pack configuration options. They are only relevant in combination with Premium Pack skins and they will continue to work fine with those skins. There is a small update to the Premium Pack to support some of the new features in Help & Manual 7 but that is not absolutely necessary.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.