Highlighting EBNF ISO/IEC 14977:1996(E) syntax

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Andrey Bushman

Highlighting EBNF ISO/IEC 14977:1996(E) syntax

Unread post by Andrey Bushman »

It would be great if Help and Manual can highlight standardized variant of EBNF syntax according ISO/IEC 14977:1996(E). Is it possible? At current time any EBNF syntax is absent in the list of languages on the Customize Syntax Highlighters window. As I understand by documentation - I can edit highlighting only of already existing languages, but I can't add new ones. Am I right?

Thank you.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Highlighting EBNF ISO/IEC 14977:1996(E) syntax

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Andrey,

You can create customized highlighters to a certain extent. You will have to see whether the options are enough for what you need here, however. See this chapter in the help for details (user-defined highlighters):

http://www.helpandmanual.com/help/index ... syntax.htm
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Andrey Bushman

Unread post by Andrey Bushman »

Tim Green wrote:You can create customized highlighters to a certain extent.
I already read it. Maybe I incorrect unerstand you... To change highlighting is not a problem... But highlighting shall be executed according to the necessary syntax. For example, how the program of syntax highlighting learns, what in standard EBNF the comment is the text framed with characters (* and *)? How highlighting will be able to define, where in my code is the terminal character or where is the non-terminal character? Problem not with highlighting but the problem with parsing. Look the attached screen. The list has not EBNF item.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Andrey,

That's what I meant when I wrote that it may not be flexible enough to cover your needs. I'm afraid there are no additional options at the moment.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.