(De-) Localization of <export-task-groups> ?

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Andre Sack

(De-) Localization of <export-task-groups> ?

Unread post by Andre Sack »

Hello,

I am using the german version of H&M and have updated from v6 to v7 today. After compiling some of my projects by pressing 'ctrl+f9' and 'enter' as usual, I recognized that they were all compiled to a path that was used some years ago but not to the current path that was used by H&M6.

Opening the project file in a text editor showed that there are two chm export tasks:

<export-task name="Publish as CHM" format="CHM"> -> containing a path used long ago

<export-task name="Exportieren als CHM" format="CHM"> -> containing the current path as used by my german 6.0 version

The german version of HM7 seems to ignore the localized path that was used by HM6 and instead falls back to some path that was stored by an older Version of H&M to the same project file years ago. Before changing hundreds of target paths manually, I'd like to ask: Is this a bug or has this been changed intentionally?

Kindest regards

André
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: (De-) Localization of <export-task-groups> ?

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi André,

In Help & Manual 6 you would often get two versions of the "Recent Publishes" task when switching between the German and English interface. In Help & Manual 7 that has been corrected because a language-independent reference is used for it. That will be related to what you are seeing here. I'm not sure what the status is at the moment with existing projects. I'll get Michael to comment on it, he updated those routines. I'll get back to you on as soon as I have more information.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi André,

Update: This should only affect the "Recent Publishes" task, and that updates automatically as soon as you publish manually. If you publish the project once to CHM manually it should correct the issue. "Recent Publishes" really shouldn't be used for regular output, because it changes every time you publish manually. You should always create a dedicated, user-defined task group for that, and that won't be affected by this change at all.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
waldemar.hersacher

Unread post by waldemar.hersacher »

If you had H&M6 with a English UI you will get an export group named:
<export-task-group name="Recent Publishes">

If you have H&M6 with a German UI you will get an export group named:
<export-task-group name="Letzte Exporte">

In H&M7 you will always have
<export-task-group name="Recent Publishes">
independent from the language of the UI.

In every project file delete the "Recent Publishes" task group and rename "Letzte Exporte" to "Recent Publishes".

It seems that the name attribute is just for display. It hadn't any effect having that in German when I changed the UI langauge to English. New created export have then the English text.
Waldemar