Probelm with "Java Script Popup Options" dialog

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Walter Hahn

Probelm with "Java Script Popup Options" dialog

Unread post by Walter Hahn »

Hi Tim,

I noticed that in this dialog the border and background settings do not work if a CHM project is compiled. I will send yo a short test project to support@ec-software.com.

If you open the file TEST_V6.hmxz with HM6 and publish a CHM file the pop-ups and picture hotspots in the welcome topic has the border and color settings as defined in the "Java Script Popup Options" dialog.

If you open the file TEST_V7.hmxz with HM7 and publish a CHM file the pop-ups and picture hotspots in the welcome topic has not the border and color settings as defined in the "Java Script Popup Options" dialog

I noticed that if one edit a project with HM6 and later open it with HM7 the to export as CHM file the border and background settings are OK

I think there is a problem with saving the settings of the "Java Script Popup Options" dialog in the project

I noticed furthermore that for hotspots in pictures a new scheme in HM7 is implemented. With HM6, the cursor change to a hand if moved over a picture hotspot. With HM7, all picture hotspots are emphasized when the cursor enters the picture area. If a picture has many hotspots this results in a bumpy view. There should be a option in the export settings like

[x] emphasize hotspots in pictures

enabling the user select the old behaviour like in HM6

Best regards,

Walter
Walter Hahn

Re: Probelm with "Java Script Popup Options" dialog

Unread post by Walter Hahn »

Hi Tim,

I noticed that the problems reported by me now are fixed with 7.0 build 3608. Also I notice the new option "Highlight hotspots in pictures in the dialog HTML export options.

Thank you for your quick and constructive support!

Best regards,

Walter