Working with Images - "Zoom is proportional to page width"

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Mary van Kemenade

Working with Images - "Zoom is proportional to page width"

Unread post by Mary van Kemenade »

Hi. I need some help / advice on how to work with this new option of "Zoom is proportional to page width' and eWriter Ebooks . I have a temporary solution for my existing problem of using images toggles throughout my manuals in another post (thanks guys) but now I am trying to figure out how to work going forward using this option and how to get the best images.

I used to publish primarily to CHM and had big problems with how PDF published in terms of formatting and images. My manuals are laid that that typically there is an image, then below that description in a table detailing all the options in the window. I had the images as toggles so that if you were only looking for information on one line you did not have to have the large image taking up the screen but could expand it if you needed.

I have 6 manuals with thousands of images all setup like this. Obviously this was not a good approach since I now will have to go back and update them all. I am now testing out using '"zoom is proportional to page width" but I am not getting results that I would like. Perhaps I am still thinking too much about how the old way worked, anyway I want to try to start updating the manuals to work with new option of not using toggles.

I am trying to use the zoom option and publish to the eWriter format now. When the images they are far too large and even though I can resize the screen they are still too big. I changed the image setting to NOT auto size but set at 50% now it looks a bit better but I am not sure this is a good approach? I have huge number of images to update and I do not want to do it the wrong way again. Thank you for your feedback and help.