Publish multiple TOC's

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Paul Elbertse

Publish multiple TOC's

Unread post by Paul Elbertse »

Good afternoon,

I created a second TOC.
When publishing the project:
- It would be nice to be able to create a publish task for every TOC.
- When I select the second TOC to be published (in the main publish window), then move to the task manager window,
it is my main TOC that is published, not the one I selected in the main publish window.

I know that I can assign a build to my new TOC, but I was hoping this would not be necessary anymore.

Could you give me some info on this?

H&M 7, build 3608
Trial version

Regards,
Paul
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Publish multiple TOC's

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Paul,

It sounds as though you are using the "Recent Publishes" task. That should never be used for edited tasks because it changes every time you publish manually. It stores the last settings used when you published manually and is just a quick aid that enables you to "repeat" the last publishes.

When you are creating publishing tasks for re-use you need to create a new task and add the actions manually. Then you can, and must, select all the options you want to use with that task, including the TOC to be used. You only need to do this once for each action because they don't change when you publish as the entries in the Recent Publishes task do.

There is not currently any way to copy actions from one task to another.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Paul Elbertse

Tim,

Thanks for your reply.
I am not using the "Recent Publishes" task.
I created 2 seperate tasks that publish to different folders.
In the quick publish window, I make sure I choose the Table of contents I want to publish.
Then in the Taks Manager window I choose one of the tasks.
Then H&M will always publish the "main" TOC and not the one I selected earlier in the quick publish window.

You are saying: Then you can, and must, select all the options you want to use with that task, including the TOC to be used.
In the task manager window I cannot choose the TOC to be used.

Am I missing something?

Regards,
Paul
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Paul,
The TOC option will only appear if the current project actually has at least one additional TOC defined. If you have an additional TOC you can select it in the Output File tab for the task action. It will then appear as an additional drop-down option titled "Publish with this Table of Contents"
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Paul,
The TOC option will only appear if the current project actually has at least one additional TOC defined. If you have an additional TOC you can select it in the Output File tab for the task action. It will then appear as an additional drop-down option titled "Publish with this Table of Contents". Can you see that in the project that has an additional TOC?
Regards,

Private support:
Paul Elbertse

Tim,

Maybe I did not save the project before publishing.
You are right, there is now a dropdown list in which I can select the TOC to be used.

Briljant!

Thanks for your help.

Now I only have to convince the company to update to HM7.

Regards,
Paul