Running H&M 7 while stell keeping H&M 6?

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

chfrmeyer

Running H&M 7 while stell keeping H&M 6?

Unread post by chfrmeyer »

Hi,

The question may Sound silly, but i'll ask it just in case:

I'ld lie to start with Help&Manual 7 while still keeping H&M 6.5.5 for a transitional/trial period. Is there any Problem having both on my PC?

A maybe not-so-trivial question: What could happen if I work on one of may Projects with Version 6, then with Version 7, then with Version 6 again?

I still have WinHelp Projects awaiting Migration in my pipeline. Can they be imported to HelpManual 7?

Thanks for any answer or suggestion, and best regards

Christoph
waldemar.hersacher

Re: Running H&M 7 while stell keeping H&M 6?

Unread post by waldemar.hersacher »

You can have H&M6 and H&M7 side by side on one system.

If you migrate a project to H&M7 you can open it in H&M6 if you don't use any of the new features. It will open but the new features will not be used.

Yes the import for hpj and hlp files is possible.
Waldemar
Martin Wynne

Re: Running H&M 7 while stell keeping H&M 6?

Unread post by Martin Wynne »

waldemar.hersacher wrote:If you migrate a project to H&M7 you can open it in H&M6 if you don't use any of the new features. It will open but the new features will not be used.
But in HM6 make sure automatic backups are turned off and don't accidentally click Save when quitting the program. Otherwise any HM7 features in the project are likely to be corrupted or lost. It might be safer to make a temporary copy of the project folder each time you want to swap to HM6.

I'm facing the same thing myself so that I can go on using the old Windows Ebook output format in HM6.

Martin.