Two very minor bugs

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Simon Dismore

Two very minor bugs

Unread post by Simon Dismore »

For the H&M7 Bug Reports board:

When multiple builds are selected for a topic in the TOC, the menu says only one "item" is selected. To avoid ambiguity it would be better to say "topic" or "TOC Entry".
ambiguity-in-TOC-builds-menu.png
A topic is duplicated in the H&M7 CHM and WebHelp:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Two very minor bugs

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Simon,

The topic duplication is intentional. That is the case in a number of places, where it makes sense to expect that users will look for things in more than one context.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Simon Dismore

That makes sense. It was having the different upper/lower case for the titles which confused me. Perhaps I'm being stupid, but why not use 'Link to Topic in this Project' rather than have two topic files?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Simon Dismore wrote:why not use 'Link to Topic in this Project' rather than have two topic files?
Because that doesn't work it WebHelp, it's a CHM-only option. Also, I want every topic to still have its own unique ID, and embedded snippets are the ideal way to achieve that. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Simon Dismore

Tim Green wrote:
Simon Dismore wrote:why not use 'Link to Topic in this Project' rather than have two topic files?
Because that doesn't work it WebHelp, it's a CHM-only option. Also, I want every topic to still have its own unique ID, and embedded snippets are the ideal way to achieve that. :)
Groan. I obviously still have a lot to learn. Thanks for explaining...