Applying Proportional Zoom on Images

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Sheri Steeves

Applying Proportional Zoom on Images

Unread post by Sheri Steeves »

Hello,

I've been playing with the proportional zoom for images and I like what I see in the generated content so far.

I'm just wondering if there is any way to apply this setting to all of my images without having to go through ALL of my documentation and manually change the setting for each image?
Right now all of my images are set to 100% auto-size. From what I can tell I need to set them to 99%, uncheck auto-size and check the zoom option.

Thanks,

Sheri
Sheri Steeves

Re: Applying Proportional Zoom on Images

Unread post by Sheri Steeves »

Hello,

As a side note, I also noticed that setting the proportional zoom and creating my CHM with CHM_PlainJane.hmskin from the previous Premium pack created a CHM where the images scaled down instead of staying at 100% with scroll bars when I sized the screen smaller.

Is there a way to generate responsive images only when creating HTML and not CHM? I really don't want to have to ifdef and include two copies of the image to be used based on what format I am generating.

Thanks,

Sheri
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Applying Proportional Zoom on Images

Unread post by Tim Green »

Sheri Steeves wrote:As a side note, I also noticed that setting the proportional zoom and creating my CHM with CHM_PlainJane.hmskin from the previous Premium pack created a CHM where the images scaled down instead of staying at 100% with scroll bars when I sized the screen smaller.

That is exactly what should happen, that is how responsive images work. They never expand beyond the borders of the visible window, that's the whole point. If that isn't happening in Webhelp then something is wrong there, not in your CHM.

There's not currently a way to convert all images to that setting from within Help & Manual, sorry.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.