H&M crashes on Word publish

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

dvc

H&M crashes on Word publish

Unread post by dvc »

Hey Tim,

I have customised one of the Word templates and i am now trying to publish. H&M crashes on 'Preparing temporary files'. Do you know what could be wrong?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dvc

Re: H&M crashes on Word publish

Unread post by dvc »

I now tried to publish using a default template and that worked. Is there some sort of variable that is mandatory and that i maybe have deleted?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

dvc wrote:I now tried to publish using a default template and that worked. Is there some sort of variable that is mandatory and that i maybe have deleted?
Please start with one of the standard templates when creating a new one. Before you start, study the documentation here:

http://www.helpandmanual.com/help/index ... t_docx.htm
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
dvc

Unread post by dvc »

I read the documentation and i started with the Word-Template-Simple-A4.docx template. I checked all the variables and everything seems to be in order. I use Word 2007. I cannot include the customised template.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi DVC,

It definitely shouldn't be hanging or crashing even if the template is wrong somehow. If you continue to have problems please mail us a copy of your template file and a sample project illustrating the project at support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and we will check it for you. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.