Unreadable charset instead of original localized text.

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Andrey Bushman

Unreadable charset instead of original localized text.

Unread post by Andrey Bushman »

I read the Help & Manual Premium Pack > WebHelp Skins > Configuration Variables chapter in the documentation. I initialized FB_TO and FB_TONOJS variables. I have a problem with cyrilic chars displaying in the feedback email when FB_SIMPELFB is false.
FB_SIMPELFB wrote: Activates "simple" mail feedback mode when set to true. Use if complex or international characters in your topic headers or titles cause problems with the mail feedback function. Uses the FB_NOJS subject line (see below).
Default value: false
Is the problem exists when I use any non English chars? It is very inconvenient what I can't to use cyrilic chars.
1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Unreadable charset instead of original localized text.

Unread post by Tim Green »

You need to activate the FB_SIMPELFB option for Russian. This was originally primarily necessary because of Outlook, which is still the most common mail client. At the time of original development, Outlook caused problems with this that other mail clients didn't have. I will have to do some tests on the current version to see if the situation has improved so that we can change it. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Andrey Bushman

Yes, I read about it in your documentation. I tried this for MS Outlook 2003 and 2013. Also, I got the same result when user send me the letter from Mac OS (the screen above).
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Andrey,

Contact me by email at support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and I will mail you an updated JS file that may be able to fix this for you. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Andrey Bushman

Tim Green wrote:Hi Andrey,

Contact me by email at support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and I will mail you an updated JS file that may be able to fix this for you. 8)
I did it.
Andrey Bushman

Thank you, Tim.

Now it almost works for Outlook 2013:
1.png
Is it possible to write correctly char ">" instead of ">"?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.