Problem copying and pasting tables in expanding toggles

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Glenn

Problem copying and pasting tables in expanding toggles

Unread post by Glenn »

Hi,

I seem to be having issues when I try to copy and paste tables below an expanding toggle for online help. The table I cut/copy and then paste into the area below the expanding toggle seems to lose its formatting and content, and also obliterate any other image or text that previously existed in the workspace. It seems to be table-related as I can happily copy and paste images. Is this finger trouble my end or perhaps a bug of some sort do you think? I am pretty sure I have been able to do this in previous H&M versions.

I look forward to your thoughts.

regards,

Glenn
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Problem copying and pasting tables in expanding toggles

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Glenn,

This is an indirect result of a new feature, the ability to paste table rows and columns along with content. When pasting an entire table now you need to be careful to copy the entire table and not just the selected rows and columns. Instead of dragging with the mouse or using Shift and the arrow keys, click to the left of the table to select the entire table. Then copy and paste and you should find that the entire table pastes correctly.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Glenn

Re: Problem copying and pasting tables in expanding toggles

Unread post by Glenn »

Oh ok, I see what you mean, that works... that will get me across the line;)

Thanks for the quick reply - online support with you guys is great.

best regards,

Glenn