Large bulleted list generates long HTML lines

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Yosi Zakarin

Large bulleted list generates long HTML lines

Unread post by Yosi Zakarin »

Hi Guys - do you have a tip for me regarding bulleted/numbered lists that generate very long HTML lines? If an HTML line goes over 8000 characters, it can't be uploaded for configuration management in ClearCase.

Thanks!
Yosi
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Large bulleted list generates long HTML lines

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Yosi,

I've deleted the source code you posted because it doesn't really help here and it makes your posting hard to read.
If an HTML line goes over 8000 characters, it can't be uploaded for configuration management in ClearCase.
As far as I understand you, that doesn't really have anything to do with bulleted lists as such. If you have a limit of 8000 characters that would apply to any line or paragraph. What exactly are you trying to achieve here?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Yosi Zakarin

Hi Tim!

Sorry, I didn't explain it clearly... If you try loading the HTML file in Notepad++, you'll see that line 136 is 8935 characters long. It's *not* the file size that's the problem, it's the line size (>8000 characters) that causes the ClearCase to reject it.

Any ideas how I can edit the content/XML so that H+M will chop the HTML output into more/smaller HTML lines?

Thanks Tim
Yosi
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Yosi,

I did understand you. It's really up to you to make sure your paragraphs aren't too long.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Yosi Zakarin

OK Thanks Tim, I'll look for a workaround.
Yosi