Hotspot co-ordinates mangled importing SHG image

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Simon Dismore

Hotspot co-ordinates mangled importing SHG image

Unread post by Simon Dismore »

Because SHG images are obsolete this is a very minor bug, at least from my point of view. I can use H&M 6 as a workaround if necessary.

Help and Manual supports the obsolete SHG and MRB image formats, and can import and edit hotspots in SHG files. For example, here's a 256x40 pixel SHG with 28 hotspots. The ? hotspot co-ordinates are (215,0)-(230,19).
SHG hotspots in 6.5.5 build 3019.png
When I try importing the same file into H&M 7 the hotspot co-ordinates are reduced to very small values, e.g. the ? hotspot is at (14,0)-(15,1), and no hotspots are displayed in the hotspot editor.
SHG hotspots in 7.0.0 build 3631.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Hotspot co-ordinates mangled importing SHG image

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Simon,

We'll check into this. It would be very helpful if you could mail me a couple of these SHG files with the affected hotspots at support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) so that Alexander can analyze them directly. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Simon Dismore

Re: Hotspot co-ordinates mangled importing SHG image

Unread post by Simon Dismore »

Just a note to confirm that this is fixed in 7.0.5 build 3680, as is the photoshop image support. Thanks as always.