Timed Browser Cache

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Frode Myhre Larsen

Timed Browser Cache

Unread post by Frode Myhre Larsen »

Hi. I´m a real newbie with H&M and I have made a page for use in our national Billiard Federation that deals with rules and regulations. I have H&M 7.0.0 Build 3631 an PP 2.7.

I need to include Time Browser Cache, but I cant find a way to select this in the Skin Include Options when publishing to Webhelp. The only thing I can select in these options is Topic URL Below Page.

What am I doing wrong? :?:
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Timed Browser Cache

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Frode,

Welcome to the forum!

This option was originally introduced in the Premium Pack and it is not included in most of the standard skins shipped free with Help & Manual. You need to use one of the WebHelp skins from your Premium Pack package. To use the skin you will probably want to configure a few things first, like your email address and the URL of your WebHelp on the server for the mail feedback and permalink options. To do this, copy the skin to your project folder from the Premium Pack folder in \Templates\HTML Skins in the Help & Manual program folder. Then open it in Help & Manual like a normal project, and enter your data in the configuration variables as described in the Help & Manual Premium Pack help chapter in the main Help & Manual help.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Frode Myhre Larsen

Unread post by Frode Myhre Larsen »

OK - thanks. But when I do so I can only edit in the "Edit HTML Code" and not in the "Simple Options". Im not that into HTML. Is this correct and the only way?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Frode Myhre Larsen wrote:OK - thanks. But when I do so I can only edit in the "Edit HTML Code" and not in the "Simple Options". Im not that into HTML. Is this correct and the only way?
It's a good thing that you couldn't open the "Simple Options". If you had done that you would have permanently destroyed the skin, because that would have replaced the custom skin code with the standard template. 8) That is why this is blocked.

There is also nothing at all that you can edit in that section. The editable settings are all in Configuration > Common Properties > Text Variables. That fact that you tried to edit the template indicates that you didn't look at the the documentation first. You really, really need to read it before changing anything. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.