Error in published CHM - Project started in H&M 6

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Donna Reed

Error in published CHM - Project started in H&M 6

Unread post by Donna Reed »

Script Error: Unable to get property 'msie' of undefined or null reference. Coming from Line 7, Char 8322 URL: mk:@MSITStore:C:\<my path for .chm>::/nsh.js

I am getting this error on every page of the newly published chm that I have tried to open, other than the very first page. Any ideas on what is causing this? :frustration:
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Error in published CHM - Project started in H&M 6

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Donna,

This means that you are using a very old skin that is no longer compatible with the new version of jQuery included with Help & Manual. You would also have this problem in recent versions of Help & Manual 6. To fix it, just choose one of the new standard skins included with Help & Manual 7.

Before doing anything else, please make sure that you are using the current version of Help & Manual 7. Since this is a new release, updates are going to be released quite frequently in the first period. You can check your installed version with Help > About. The current version is 7.0.5 Build 3680. If you need to update you can download the latest installer from

http://www.helpandmanual.com/downloads.html?upd

Just install on top of your current version to update.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.