When using anchor, first lines disappear under navigationbar

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Bregje van Ginneken

When using anchor, first lines disappear under navigationbar

Unread post by Bregje van Ginneken »

When I use an anchor in combination with a navigationbar, the first few lines disapprear underneath the navigationbar. How can I prevent that?
I use H&M 7 Proffesional.
Header under Banner.PNG
Way the Anchor is placed.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: When using anchor, first lines disappear under navigatio

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Bregje,

Thanks for posting this. This is already a known problem that has been corrected. You just need to download and install the current maintenance update of Help & Manual 7 and use the new, updated versions of the skins:

http://www.helpandmanual.com/downloads.html?upd
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Bregje van Ginneken

:oops: Works fine this way. Thank you!
Bregje van Ginneken

Uhm, using the new skin, I cannot find how to change the styles. The Write - Styles -option is disabled in the skin-file. Is there another way to import Styles?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Bregje,
Bregje van Ginneken wrote:Uhm, using the new skin, I cannot find how to change the styles. The Write - Styles -option is disabled in the skin-file. Is there another way to import Styles?
You don't change the styles for your project content in the skin. You change them in your project, under Write > Styles > Edit Styles. The skin only controls the layout of the page around your content. The styling of your content is controlled from within your project.
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Bregje van Ginneken

Hhm, that is weird. Before the update I was able to do just that, and I was happy about it.
Now I need to find another way to keep the styles of two different projects synchonized. I know I can import styles from another project, but than I have to do that everytime I make a little change.... :?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Bregje van Ginneken wrote:Now I need to find another way to keep the styles of two different projects synchonized. I know I can import styles from another project, but than I have to do that everytime I make a little change.... :?
Help & Manual has a solution for that. You can store your styles in a "style repository" that you share between multiple projects. Then you edit the styles in the repository and the changes are reflected in all your projects. It's like using linked snippets for reusable topic content -- actually, style repositories can also be used for sharing snippets between projects as well.

See this chapter in the help to learn how to use style repositories:

http://www.helpandmanual.com/help/index ... tories.htm
Regards,

Private support:
Bregje van Ginneken

Ok, thanks. I will dive into that topic.
Nadia Gaganova

Unread post by Nadia Gaganova »

It's just a bit confusing that here http://www.helpandmanual.com/help/index ... tories.htm it still says you can edit styles in the skin... please file a bug in documentation.
Omit needles swords
Tim Green
Site Admin

Nadia Gaganova wrote:It's just a bit confusing that here http://www.helpandmanual.com/help/index ... tories.htm it still says you can edit styles in the skin... please file a bug in documentation.
This is not a bug. It is quite possible to store styles in a skin if you want. It is just not generally a good idea unless you have a very special reason to do so. The problem is that once the styles are stored in a skin changes to styles of the same name will no longer have any effect on the output you publish with that skin. The style definitions become fixed at the time the skin was created and are not updated with changes from your project.
Regards,

Private support: