Text flow/wrap in PDFs?

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Mark Wilsdorf

Text flow/wrap in PDFs?

Unread post by Mark Wilsdorf »

I recently updated to ver. 7.x and wonder if there might now be PDF output changes (since ver. 5.x) which would allow text to flow around a graphic in PDF output.

Specifically, I want to put a graphic at the top/left of a paragraph and have text flow to the right of, and below it. I was mimicking this behavior in ver 5.x using tables: the first row of the table had two columns, with the graphic in the left column & text in the right. But of course if the text was long it would only flow downward, expanding the row height, with no text appearing below the graphic. So I'd have to add a 2nd row to the table, with a single full-width column and manually copyfit text between the 1st & 2nd rows' text columns.

Any better way in 7.x?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Text flow/wrap in PDFs?

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Mark,

This has actually been supported since Help & Manual 6. Just select left or right in the Alignment: option when inserting an image (or double-click on the image to set it later) and the text will flow around it accordingly. This is now also displayed in the Help & Manual editor. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Mark Wilsdorf

Re: Text flow/wrap in PDFs?

Unread post by Mark Wilsdorf »

Thanks Tim. Guessed I missed that...I didn't upgrade to 6.x because I didn't do any "big" writing/doc projects while it was the current version.