Hyperlink formats don't stay when publishing to Word

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

cindynotbrady

Hyperlink formats don't stay when publishing to Word

Unread post by cindynotbrady »

I'm wondering if others have seen this same weird glitch. When I try to edit the Configuration > Microsoft Word > Word Options, they don't seem to stay or even work. I don't want a double underline for Internet links, and even though I change it and save it, the program still puts in double underlines. Same is true with the Add a figure number to images with captions option. I always uncheck that, but when I get back into my hmxz file, it is still checked.

Am I doing something wrong?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Hyperlink formats don't stay when publishing to Word

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Cindy,

Before doing anything else, please make sure that you are using the current version of Help & Manual 7. Since this is a new release, updates are going to be released quite frequently in the first period. You can check your installed version with Help > About. The current version is 7.0.5 Build 3681. If you need to update you can download the latest installer from

http://www.helpandmanual.com/downloads.html?upd

Just install on top of your current version to update. Please let me know if you continue to have problems after this, or if you are already using the current version. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
cindynotbrady

Unread post by cindynotbrady »

I do have the latest version, I think. It's this one: version 7.0.5 Build 3681.

The double-underline problem is still there. In fact, just navigating away from the Word Options page, then coming back to it I can see that my settings aren't saved:

In the example below, I changed the settings to be all single underline.
wordsettingsa.png
I go back to work on other pages and come back to the Word Settings page, and my settings are back to the way they were (as shown below). Yes, I did save right after I made the changes.
wordsettings2.png
Additional things I don't like about the Word ouput:

The TOC does not insert with hyperlinks. My work around has been to delete the Table of Contents that appears when generated from H&M and insert a Word-generated Table of Contents.

I would like to be able to change the blue backgrounds that are generated with the headings. I haven't figured out how to do that yet. Word help is no help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Cindy,

Thanks for the clarification: I can confirm the issue with these Word settings not sticking. We'll get onto that right away, thanks for reporting it.
The TOC does not insert with hyperlinks. My work around has been to delete the Table of Contents that appears when generated from H&M and insert a Word-generated Table of Contents.
This is controlled by the Word DOCX template used to generate your DOCX file. It is similar to a PDF template, but it is a normal DOCX file that you edit in Word. It contains a preformatted Word TOC item that is not configured to use hyperlinks by default. To change that, open the template in Word, save a copy in your project folder (you can't save the original in the Program Files directory) and edit the TOC item by right-clicking on it and selecting Edit Field. You will need to set the number of levels and the option to use hyperlinks.
I would like to be able to change the blue backgrounds that are generated with the headings. I haven't figured out how to do that yet. Word help is no help.
This is also managed by editing the DOCX template in Word. You just need to edit the corresponding chapter heading items by selecting them and then editing their styles.

For more information on all this see the chapter on configuring for Word DOCX output in Publishing > Configuring for Publishing in the Help & Manual help.
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Cindy,

If it helps, here's how to access the settings for the TOC field in your DOCX template in the current version of Word (see the annotated screenshot below). You can't access the settings you need in the right-click context menu or the local mini menus in the TOC field. Instead, you need to select the TOC field, then open the Table of Contents menu in the REFERENCES tab of the Word ribbon and select Custom Table of Contents to access the settings without resetting them all to one of Word's custom styles.
WordTOC.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,

Private support: