Cannot open files after moving to new PC

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Vaughn Johnson

Cannot open files after moving to new PC

Unread post by Vaughn Johnson »

Hi,

I just moved to a new PC and I am having trouble opening my H + M files on it. Every time I try to open the files, I get the following error:

Cannot load <file path> Please ensure that you have sufficient rights to open the project. ProjectOpen: 126 The specified module could not be found: libapr_tsvn32.dll

I suspect this is because I moved from a PC running WIN 7 32-bit to one running WIN 8.1 64-bit.

The files are in an SVN-controlled folder (using latest build of Tortoise SVN). I have updated and committed the folder with no trouble, but still get the same error.

Please let me know if you have any ideas on this issue.

Thanks,
Vaughn
Vaughn Johnson

Re: Cannot open files after moving to new PC

OK, I just tried uninstalling and re-installing H + M, but still get the same error message.

Thanks,
Vaughn
Vaughn Johnson

One more thing I just found, Iget the same error message if I attempt to open a file that is not in my SVN controlled folder.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Vaughn,

This issue is caused by a bug in version 1.9 of Tortoise SVN. It uses runtime components from Microsoft C++ from Visual Studio 2015 but doesn't check whether they are really present. There are two ways to fix the problem:

1) Reinstall Tortoise 1.8.12 and wait for version 1.9.1, which will correct the issue. You can get the installer for 1.8.12 here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/tortois ... es/1.8.12/

2) Install the missing runtime components from Microsoft manually. You can download them on this page:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=48145

Restart Windows after installing. After that the problem should be fixed.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Vaughn Johnson

I downloaded and installed the file from Microsoft and it fixed the problem! Once again, thanks for your help.