PDF page numbering issue

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Kathleen Laughlin

PDF page numbering issue

Unread post by Kathleen Laughlin »

I am trying to print a pdf file. In my template, I have my page numbers set so that only odd numbers print on the right-hand page and even number print on the left. When I print a pdf, if I elect to skip blank pages, page 1 of the main document begins on a left-hand page. The only way I can force page 1 to start on the right is to print all Header 1 pages only on odd-numbered pages, but then I have a ton of blank pages in my document, which I do not want. I only care that the first page of the document body prints on the right side of the page so that all of my odd-numbered pages are on the right.

I am using H&M version 7.0.5 Built 3681 and Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (2015 version).

I am attaching sample pages from the pdf.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: PDF page numbering issue

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Kathleen,

This should be simple to fix. This will be happening because leaving out the blank pages makes the first page of the document follow directly after an even-numbered page -- for example the cover if it is only preceded by the cover. If you have blank pages turned off what you can do is insert a single custom page in your template before the beginning of the main body of the project -- i.e. directly before the Topics section. This will then force the topics to start on the right, but you won't have any additional empty pages. You could use the page for an introduction of some sort.

To do this, use the Insert Page option in the Pages menu in Manual Designer. The only caveat here is that you will get the same problem again if the length of the TOC changes so that it gets an additional page or becomes one page shorter... :arrow:
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Kathleen Laughlin

Re: PDF page numbering issue

Unread post by Kathleen Laughlin »

That worked! Thank you.