Font selection in Impict Cutouts

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Sue King

Font selection in Impict Cutouts

Unread post by Sue King »

Hello,

When adding text to cutouts in Impict, the text appears in the image as Courier (I think) instead of the font chosen. The preview of the text is correct, but it is wrong when superimposed on the image.

Is there another setting needed, or is this a bug ?

Regards
Sue

HM 7.05, Win7
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Font selection in Impict Cutouts

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Sue,

I can't reproduce this anywhere. The fonts are always displayed as selected. What font are you trying to use?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Sue King

Hi Tim,

Thanks for looking at this.

Normally I use Arial, but I have tested with a number of fonts, including Segoe Print, MS Serif and Consolas.

Adding Text works fine. With the cutout, changing the other properties such as Italic works, but the font itself never changes. It is almost as though for some reason it is not detecting the font change, although it is detecting the other changes.

Looking more closely at the font being used, I think it is MS Sans Serif.

Regards
Sue
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Sue,

It sounds as though either something is wrong with your installation or your Windows display. I've heard reports of some strange Windows themes or add-ons causing the fonts to all look the same, for example. Before doing anything else, please also make sure that you are using the current version of Help & Manual 7. Since this is a new release, updates are going to be released quite frequently in the first period. You can check your installed version with Help > About. The current version is 7.0.5 Build 3681. If you need to update you can download the latest installer from

http://www.helpandmanual.com/downloads.html?upd

Just install on top of your current version to update.

If you continue to have problems, do a clean install to make sure that you don't have something messed up in Help & Manual's registry settings:

1: Uninstall Help & Manual in the Windows Control Panel (Add/Remove Programs)

2: In the Windows Start menu select Run and enter "regedit" to start the Registry Editor. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > ECSOFTWARE. Select the "Help & Manual 7" key (folder) and press DELETE to delete it.

3: Reinstall with the current installer.
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Sue King

Hi Tim,

I've done as you suggested, but no joy.

The font displays correctly in the edit box, but does not update when the edit box is closed and changes are applied to the image.

I still have H&M 6 installed and tested the version of Impect that ships with it. It works fine.

In the short term, I will use v6 to edit the image so I can get the same font for all cutouts.

I noticed that the v7 Impict is significantly larger exe than that with v6.

Regards,

Sue
Martin Wynne

Unread post by Martin Wynne »

Hi Tim,

Sue means callouts, not cutouts.

I'm finding the same when editing callouts. Font properties, size, bold, colour, etc., are honoured but the font family does not get transferred from the editor to the image. It is saved in the callout properties, as you can see by editing it again.

Impict7 7.0.5.3681

regards,

Martin.
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

We confirm that this is a bug in the current version of Impict. Will be fixed with the next update.
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH
Sue King

Humble apologies for using the wrong term.

Martin, thank you for noticing my error.

I knew what I meant, and read what I meant.

Sue :oops:
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Sue,

This was a bug, as Alexander said. The problem was that it wasn't always appearing. I was testing it on existing callouts in existing test images and it seemed to be working fine for me there... The fix will be available soon. :)
Regards,

Private support: