Symbols And Bulleted List

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Nataliya Solyanina

Symbols And Bulleted List

Unread post by Nataliya Solyanina »

Hi,
I noticed that after compiling characters are displayed incorrectly. What could be the reason :?:
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Symbols And Bulleted List

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Nataliya,

This may be a font-related problem. There are more problems like this in Windows with Russian than with any other language -- even Asian languages like Thai, Japanese and Chinese all display with fewer problems than Russian.

Before doing anything else, please make sure that you are using the current version of Help & Manual 7. Since this is a new release, updates are going to be released quite frequently in the first period. You can check your installed version with Help > About. The current version is 7.0.5 Build 3681. If you need to update you can download the latest installer from

http://www.helpandmanual.com/downloads.html?upd

Just install on top of your current version to update.

Then make sure that your language settings in your project are correct in Configuration > Common Properties > Language. Set your language to Russian and the font character set will be set automatically. You don't have to change the "Default font:" setting. That is only for CHM files, for the TOC and dialogs.

Your screenshot also shows that there is something wrong with your list. Normally, a list like that will have an automatic indent after the bullets. So select the entire list and reset it by clicking on the List tool twice -- once to turn it off and once again to turn it on again.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Nataliya Solyanina

Hi Tim,
I apologize that I do not have the opportunity to respond immediately.
I have the current software version 7.0.5 update 3681. My settings:
The alignment of the text don't bother me, because I did as an illustrative example. But the characters that I am trying to use in a bulleted list, and Insert Character Simbol, after the compilation of displays incorrectly.
Could it be the software level :?:
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Nataliya,

Our developers need a sample project to analyze this because the way Windows creates the bullet characters can vary depending on the version and language version of Windows itself. Just create a small demo project with a couple of topics containing bullets that show this problem when you publish it to webhelp and mail it to me at support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @). We don't need the skin file, just the project itself in single-file HMXZ format. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Nataliya Solyanina

Hi Tim,
ok, I sent You a sample demo project. This is the same example that I showed in the screenshot.
This is clearly related to the Cyrillic alphabet and styles.
Tim, I noticed that in the settings on the toolbar "Edit Styles..." -> Font Settings -> Scripts is also not saved installation. If I install the Cyrillic alphabet, it is reset to Default (Charset).
Also I noticed that stops working the button «Make the selected text UPPERCASE», after applying minded me of the styles that I created based on the default style.
This is clearly all somehow interrelated. :?: