Trouble with picture

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

IngvarRu

Trouble with picture

Unread post by IngvarRu »

Hello.
I found a trouble at transfer the HM6 project to HM7 - after compilation of the picture, in the CHM file they become larger.
I attach a screenshot:
Screenshot.png
Operating system - Win7. In settings of the display set fonts size - 125%
I attach a link the H&M project with two CHM files:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxQf7Y ... sp=sharing
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Trouble with picture

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Ingvar,

This is actually normal and there is nothing wrong. The scaling in HM7 is actually the correct one, it was incorrect in Help & Manual. Help & Manual 7 now has real zoom, and this includes the images on the page so that they are scaled together with the text. This will make images look larger than in Help & Manual 6 if you are using zoom settings, because they are now displayed correctly.

You can restore the HM6 behavior in View > Program Options > Editor, with the option "Disable zoom and scale text only". However, we recommend that you don't do this. Help+Manual 7 has genuine zoom and scaling, that does not only scale text but images as well, in the correct proportions.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
IngvarRu

Thanks for your answer.
Enable this setting. Size picture became editor in HM6, but after compiling CHM the picture size is still larger.
Tim Green
Site Admin

IngvarRu wrote:Thanks for your answer.
Enable this setting. Size picture became editor in HM6, but after compiling CHM the picture size is still larger.
Please check the following:
  • What display size settings are you using for inserting the image in your topic? (Double click on the image in the editor to check)
  • Have you set your CHM to be scalable for high-resolution monitors? The setting is in Configuration > Publishing Options > HTML Help > HTML Export Options: Make CHM file compatible for high-resolution monitors.
  • What screen text scaling setting do you have set in Windows in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display?
  • What zoom setting do you have in Help & Manual, in the status bar below the editor?
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
IngvarRu

Tim Green wrote: [*]Have you set your CHM to be scalable for high-resolution monitors? The setting is in Configuration > Publishing Options > HTML Help > HTML Export Options: Make CHM file compatible for high-resolution monitors.
Disabling this setting resolved the problem. Thank you.
PS. It is better to do these new settings turned off by default (or turned off for old projects)
Tim Green
Site Admin

IngvarRu wrote:PS. It is better to do these new settings turned off by default (or turned off for old projects)
Actually, it isn't. If you turn this off your CHM will be unreadable on a high-resolution device like a Microsoft Surface or a Lenovo Yoga Pro or any high-resolution or 4K monitor.

Important: You also need to set your font size encoding to points when creating scalable CHM files.
Regards,

Private support: