Return back to the link

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Nataliya Solyanina

Return back to the link

Unread post by Nataliya Solyanina »

Hi,
I use the following formats: «.html» and «.chm».

1) If I do the usual reference point in place on the anchor, then back to my place in the text content does not work.

2) If I do a normal link in point a place to anchor on another subject, the return occurs, BUT only at the top of the text content.

Please tell me is it possible to make it so that when we return back the link could be in the place in the text content, where moved forward?
I mean something like to use the same principle of moving internal links as MS Word – as there and back. Or it is very difficult and this simply not possible. :?:
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Return back to the link

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Nataliya,
Please tell me is it possible to make it so that when we return back the link could be in the place in the text content, where moved forward?
This isn't possible in pages with a non-scrolling header. Browsers will only return the the previous position on a "plain" page that contains no scrolling content.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Nataliya Solyanina

Re: Return back to the link

Unread post by Nataliya Solyanina »

Hi Tim,
This isn't possible in pages with a non-scrolling header. Browsers will only return the the previous position on a "plain" page that contains no scrolling content.
OK. Thanks for the clarification. :roll: