Importing tables with merged cells

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Nadia Gaganova

Importing tables with merged cells

Unread post by Nadia Gaganova »

Is there any special way to import tables with merged cells? Currently I find that all text after the first merged cell disappears, only the empty rows are imported. (importing both from chm and html)
Omit needles swords
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Importing tables with merged cells

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Nadia,

Please mail a sample of what you are trying to import to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and we will check it out right away. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Nadia Gaganova

Thanks for help with that one.

I don't want to create too many topics, so here's another question about table import: when I import from CHM tables that have id or class attribute in HTML table tag, the table is not imported and the id is imported as anchor instead. Of course I can (and have) just remove all ids and classes before importing, but is this behavior intentional?
Omit needles swords
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Nadia,

On importing, check the import options and turn off the option "Import <a name="xy"> tags and labeled elements as anchors. This may function as a workaround. In addition to this, please mail me a sample of a CHM containing a table like this to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) so that we can check it.

Please do this quickly, because version 7.0.6 is going to be released very soon and if a fix is needed we would like to be able to include it. :)
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Nadia Gaganova

Hello Tim,
I'm sorry for the false alarm: I cannot reproduce the problem on the new build I got last week, so it was probably connected with merged cells import (almost all my tables have them).
Omit needles swords
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Nadia,

Thanks for the heads-up -- no problem. :)

PS, on your signature text: But Aria Stark would never omit a sword called Needle... 8)
Regards,

Private support:
Nadia Gaganova

No Arya for me, thanks. In fact I'm rather off Martin though lots of friends are fans.
Omit needles swords