Problem with numbered list/IF condition

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Louise Schelin

Problem with numbered list/IF condition

Unread post by Louise Schelin »

I have a project where I use a lot of numbered lists. Suddenly today I have an issue, in ONE SINGLE PLACE only, all other lists work as normal. (As far as I can see)

In a list with 1-6, the published HTML output skips numbering number 3, but it is shown correctly in Help & Manual and in a published PDF. I have created a test project, where I removed most of my text, and even removed images (and links), but the problem persists.

I have tried restarting the application, deleted the output folder and publishing again, even tried re-numbering the list, but the same problem persists. Also tried different skins, no difference.

The problem seems to go away if I remove the <If PDF><EndIf> from right before the number 3 row, but I have been able to use <If PDF><EndIf> in similar scenarios without any problems before.. And I would need to have it there (also tried removing it and adding a new <If PDF><EndIf>). Any ideas? Can send you my test project if neccessary.
helpandmanual.PNG
EDIT: I was wrong, it seems to be wrong in all places now, I didn't look in the right places before. And I've obviously been blind before, because I just noticed the same behaviour in old copies.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Problem with numbered list/IF condition

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Louise,

This is a known issue that is caused by a quirk in the editor engine used in Help & Manual. There is a trick you can use to deal with it: You need to put the [IF> tag at the end of the PREVIOUS paragraph, and add a single space after the <END] tag. The space prevents the END tag from "eating" the next list item definition, and putting the IF tag at the end of the previous paragraph eliminates the orphaned paragraph that doing this leaves behind:
ifdef_list.png
TIP: It makes it much easier to do things like this if you turn on paragraph marks display in the editor. I always leave them on all the time. (View > Program Options > Editor).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.