The space character after Inline Toggle

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Nataliya Solyanina

The space character after Inline Toggle

Unread post by Nataliya Solyanina »

Hi all,
when I use the text to "Toggle Inline Text:" sometimes I take off the checkbox "Link style (blue underlined)" for some my links to get otherwise.
But I noticed that after compilation, when the text switch is collapsed, after the built-in switching first character (usually a space character) inherits the style and text formatting of the built-in switch.
!!! In the program H&M in a Text Editor it is not visible and everything appears OK.
http://s011.radikal.ru/i315/1510/6d/692b081ed237.gif

And also question,
I also noticed that if the «Edit Toggle» I select styles in the list "Format text with Style:" to «Toggle Inline Text:» they do not work if the text built-in switch has its own formatting styles in the control panel «Font dialog»: the font/size/bold/italic/underline/text color etc...
I was sure that the text with integrated switch I can get to it using the formatting in the control panel «Font dialog», and styles for hidden text should work for text, inside which in the embedded switch.
??? Please tell me if I understand the use of "Text style" to «Toggle Inline Text:».
If so, why styles on the control panel have an impact over the styles to the text inside in the built-in switch?

And please,
is it possible to ask the developers of H&M to make the field for "Toggle Inline Text:" the opportunity to stretch it by expanding the window of this field?
If you text a lot, then the interim extension will be easier to view.
Thanks in advance. :roll:
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: The space character after Inline Toggle

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Nataliya,

This happens when you use a style both on the inline toggle text link and on the content itself. Then the two styles overlap each other. We'll look into improving this, but there is actually an easy way to deal with it. What you need to do is leave the link style option for "blue underlined" active -- then the style for the inline text toggle from the skin you are using is active. Instead, you just need to edit the CSS definition for inline toggle links. You can find this at the beginning of the hm_topic.css file in the Baggage Files section of the skin. You just need to change the definitions of these three lines, which are for the inline toggle links:

Code: Select all

a.inline-toggle {color: blue; text-decoration: underline;}
a.inline-toggle:visited {color: blue;}
a.inline-toggle:hover {color: blue; }
Important: The ":visited" version is only for the color. It is just to prevent the automatic purple color that the browser will display for visited links if you don't set this.

The answer to your second question is related -- it is because of the two styles interfering with each other, because the style you are applying goes in a tag pair that encloses the entire inline toggle text. If you just change the style definition of the standard class used for the link instead you won't have this problem. Then the two styles will be kept separate.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Nataliya Solyanina

Tim Green wrote: This happens when you use a style both on the inline toggle text link and on the content itself. Then the two styles overlap each other. We'll look into improving this, but there is actually an easy way to deal with it. What you need to do is leave the link style option for "blue underlined" active -- then the style for the inline text toggle from the skin you are using is active. Instead, you just need to edit the CSS definition for inline toggle links. You can find this at the beginning of the hm_topic.css file in the Baggage Files section of the skin. You just need to change the definitions of these three lines, which are for the inline toggle links:

Code: Select all

a.inline-toggle {color: blue; text-decoration: underline;}
a.inline-toggle:visited {color: blue;}
a.inline-toggle:hover {color: blue; }
Important: The ":visited" version is only for the color. It is just to prevent the automatic purple color that the browser will display for visited links if you don't set this.
Hi Tim,
1) Yes I know that the code hm_topic.CSS-file I can make settings for inline-toggle by default. But changing the style of links inline-toggle in the code hm_topic.CSS-file will results and affect change globally to all links in my project, because there is a written standard style for the all project, not the links, which is a single. I don't need it. They work fine for the all project. Standard style for references, which is written in code hm_topic.CSS-file is fine with me. :D
It's just that sometimes I use different artwork for some of my "non-standard" links, which should stand out from links with standard style to them separately to focus the user's attention. So for those (few) links I specifically disable this Option "Link style (blue underlined)" and used my (other) formatting and making only for this link. I think that You have thought through this point (the Option) to us. :wink:
But when I disable this Option then in the body of my links for some reason comes in (add) 1 character forward (usually a white space when the text continues). It becomes visible only after compilation in the finished project, so H&M in a Text Editor all is displayed well.
Please pay attention to this. This point I tried to show in my screenshot.
Here's another screenshot:
http://s018.radikal.ru/i513/1510/46/92a288256c7d.png
The answer to your second question is related -- it is because of the two styles interfering with each other, because the style you are applying goes in a tag pair that encloses the entire inline toggle text. If you just change the style definition of the standard class used for the link instead you won't have this problem. Then the two styles will be kept separate.
2) On the second question,
if in "Edit Toggle" to "Toggle Inline Text" is present "Format text with Style", please make the styles overlap each other and had no impact on the text inside the inline-toggle independently of the Option "Link style (blue underlined)". Otherwise its use will not be have no meaning. :roll:
http://s020.radikal.ru/i717/1510/9a/667c6403b1fb.png

3) And my request for field "Toggle Inline Text":
Very uncomfortable to fill in this text field. There is no possibility to see the whole text in it.
Please, make it possible to expand grasping the mouse by the corner of the field. :roll:
http://s020.radikal.ru/i712/1510/31/d15981f344d6.png

Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

B
ut when I disable this Option then in the body of my links for some reason comes in (add) 1 character forward (usually a white space when the text continues).
Yes, that is what I described in my post. It is the result of the combination of the two styles. We will look into improving this in the future.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Nataliya Solyanina

Tim Green wrote: Yes, that is what I described in my post. It is the result of the combination of the two styles. We will look into improving this in the future.
OK Tim, thank you very much. :roll: