Search feature freezes in Windows 10

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Vickie Main

Search feature freezes in Windows 10

Unread post by Vickie Main »

Customers have reported that when using Windows 10 with the CHM file created in Help & Manual (v7.06 and earlier) freezes (goes to unresponsive) once they go to the Search tab, type the text and then click List Topics. Other features seem to work fine. We have searched for Windows answers and can't seem to find them and I have searched this forum and I don't see reports of this issue. Could it be the skin I am using or options I am selecting. This only occurs on systems using Windows 10. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Search feature freezes in Windows 10

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Vickie,

We don't have any other reports of this and we haven't experienced it ourselves, and we are using Windows 10 a lot. Please mail a small demo project illustrating the problem and a copy of the skin you are using to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and we will check it out.

IMPORTANT: If the skin has options that are selectable in the Publish screen please include a screenshot of your settings there when you publish.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.