Word doc output

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Glenn

Word doc output

Unread post by Glenn »

Hi,

I am trying to export to Word for the first time using v7.0.5 Build 3680 and don't seem to be able to export successfully. I have tried using a default H&M Word template and also with one I saved and edited on the front page.

After attempting to publish, at the end of the process, Word starts to open and then disappears and the message I get is "The flie xyz cannot be opened because there are problems with the contents." in the Details section of the error dialogue it states: "Details: No error detail available. Location: Part: /word/document.xml,Line:2, Column:0"

I am using Office 2010 and any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated :)

regards,

Glenn
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Word doc output

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Glenn,
Glenn wrote:using v7.0.5 Build 3680
This issue may have something to do with the content in your file or your configuration. However, your HM installation is out of date and a number of improvements have already been made to the DOCX output. Before doing anything else, please get the current 7.0.7 installer here and update by installing on top of your current version. If this doesn't fix the problem please mail a small demo project illustrating the issue to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and we will check it right away. If you're using a customized DOCX template please include that as well.

Note that macros are used to update the TOC in the Word output automatically after the Word file opens. You need to click on the "Enable Content" and then also on "Enable Editing" in Word to be able to see and edit the file when it opens automatically.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Glenn

Re: Word doc output

Unread post by Glenn »

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your suggestions. I tried upgrading the firmware but it hasn't resolved my issue. I have emailed you my project and the two template files I have used. Hopefully when you review these files you may be able to assist further.

Thanks for your help and I look forward to hearing from you.

regards,

Glenn