Issue with HTML Help viewed on 4k device

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

metodichachov

Issue with HTML Help viewed on 4k device

Unread post by metodichachov »

Hello to all!

The problem is as follows. Content of published HTML Help looks just fine on a 4K display device- the images, the text, custom headers and all else appear nicely scaled. Unfortunately that's not the case for the icons in the TOC itself and they are simply pretty small. You can have an idea how it looks like from the image I uploaded http://tinypic.com/r/53mnmq/9

Is there any way to make them bigger?

Thanks!
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Issue with HTML Help viewed on 4k device

Unread post by Tim Green »

Is there any way to make them bigger?
Unfortunately, there's no way to do this because Help & Manual can't do anything about the Microsoft HTML Help Viewer. It's an unconfigurable Windows component and Microsoft hasn't updated or bugfixed it since its original release with Windows 98. We've done everything we can to make the topics in CHMs legible on 4K (that's the only part we have access to), and I think we've done a pretty good job. Unfortunately, the viewer itself still has these problems and Microsoft doesn't seem to have any intention of doing anything about it...
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
metodichachov

Re: Issue with HTML Help viewed on 4k device

Unread post by metodichachov »

Hello Tim,

I agree, everything else looks like it should and you did excellent job.
I was hoping to find if anyone has discovered a workaround or something like that.

Thanks for your response!