No ZIP found

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Gerold Krommer

No ZIP found

Unread post by Gerold Krommer »

I upgraded today to the lastest 7.0.7 build 3770.

Now I'm getting several 'No ZIP found' messages on startup of H&M and also when I open an existing project. Otherwise from what I can see it functions properly.

Known issue?

Thanks,

/Gerold
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: No ZIP found

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Gerold,

This is weird, never heard of this one before. I've asked our programmers to look into it, but for the time being I would do two things: Restart Windows and re-install 7.0.7 with a fresh download copy of the installer. I'll be getting back to this thread in the course of the day if possible if and when I get more information on this.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Gerold,

This is also very puzzling for our developers. Could you post a screenshot of this along with the message? We'd really like to see where and how this is happening, because we're really not sure what is going on here yet. :shock:
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Gerold Krommer

I did a reboot which didn't help. I have yet to reinstall. Here are the screenshots.

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gerold Krommer

This is screen at startup
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Gerold,

We've researched and this can only be the spelling module, because that's the only place where this text occurs. What has probably happened is that one of the dictionaries is damaged or corrupted. The dictionaries are zipped, and you would then get this message when the spelling module tries to load or itemize the available dictionaries, also on startup.

Reinstalling Help & Manual should solve the problem. :)
Regards,

Private support:
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

Hello Gerold,

This could have something to do with the spell checker dictionaries - that's the only occurrance of this message, when a dictionary is being opened and a particular file in the dictionary cannot be read (the dicitionaries are zip files).

To check this, try to delete all dictionary files from the \Dictionaries folder (under the H&M program folder).
If this helps, please uninstall Help+Manual, make sure that the \Dictionaries folder is empty, then reinstall it.
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH
Gerold Krommer

100% correct! Deleting the dictionary folder cured the error and reinstalling gave me the dictionaries back.

Problem solved!

Thanks a million for the 'nicht-selbstverständliche' support!