Link preview

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Volker Duetsch

Link preview

Unread post by Volker Duetsch »

Hi,

is it possible to include a link like in Xing or LinkedIn which features a link preview, using Open Graph protocol (http://ogp.me/)?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards
Volker
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Link preview

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Volker,

If you're referring to the social sharing links in the Premium Pack skins that's not directly supported at the moment. They currently just generate the standard links.

However, if you want to add something to it you can modify the script. Functions like this are contained in separate scripts for each function that are only loaded on demand. This makes it possible to add functionality without slowing down load times: The slight delay you see when you load the social sharing popup is getting saved every time a topic is loaded, for example.

The script for this is in the file socialsharing.js in the Baggage Files of the skin. It's compressed for maximum performance and a little difficult to edit as a result. If you contact me on support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) I can let you have the uncompressed, commented version for editing. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.