Cursor gets off

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

IngvarRu

Cursor gets off

Unread post by IngvarRu »

If a page content a big picture, when i try to insert a hyperlink to a topic below it, the cursor goes up.
I made the video for it easier to understand - I attach a link
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=9 ... file%2cswf
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Cursor gets off

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Ingvar,

The easiest way to avoid this kind of thing is to use a different method for the hyperlink. There are two other methods you can use:

1) Select the target topic in the TOC and press CTRL+C to copy. Then click in the topic and press CTRL+V to insert the link to the topic. (You can also copy multiple TOC entries like this to create a list of links. Use CTRL+Click and SHIFT+Click to select multiple entries, then CTRL+C to copy.)

2) Press CTRL+L to open the Link tool, then just select the Topic ID of the topic you want to link to to create the link.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
IngvarRu

Unfortunately, both of these options are not comfortable when the project is large.
The first option is not convenient because selecting the topic (where i have to press CTRL + C) I lose the original page, and I will need it again to search a page where you need to press CTRL + V. If the tree is large, it is problematic.
The second option is not convenient because Target and the title I have different (as the title of written Cyrillic and Latin Target), and search for the desired topic is very difficult.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

We have plans to introduce a list of topic titles as targets in the Link tool in a future version. I can't currently say exactly when this will be, however.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
IngvarRu

Tim Green wrote: 1) Select the target topic in the TOC and press CTRL+C to copy. Then click in the topic and press CTRL+V to insert the link to the topic. (You can also copy multiple TOC entries like this to create a list of links. Use CTRL+Click and SHIFT+Click to select multiple entries, then CTRL+C to copy.)
This method does not work if the topic and TOC are owned by different projects