Print/publish subset of docs for review

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Francis Langlois

Print/publish subset of docs for review

Unread post by Francis Langlois »

I would like to identify all topics that are "under construction" and print them in a separate "review" build. I don't see an easy way to do this.

The topics are not contiguous so it isn't easy to multi-select.

I know I could make a second TOC but even that is not easy because of selecting 35 out of 300 non-contiguous topics.

I think I'm missing some simple way to do this.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Print/publish subset of docs for review

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Francis,

There isn't a direct way to do this, I'm afraid. Currently you can only filter by the "Complete" status. All other topic statuses are non-filterable. Theoretically, you could do it with build options, but you would need to apply those to all the incomplete topics. You might want to post a wish list request for status filtering for "Incomplete" as well as for "Complete". 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Francis Langlois

Re: Print/publish subset of docs for review

Unread post by Francis Langlois »

Thanks. I saw the post about how to get a topic to appear in a specific build. I just realized how to get what I want and only multi-select once.

I am working against myself if a topic appears in "all builds" but I only want certain topics in User Defined 1. I could select All at the end of the project and then re-select "all builds".

This finally clicked when reading another post.