Hotspot doesn't work with 7

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

cindynotbrady

Hotspot doesn't work with 7

Unread post by cindynotbrady »

Quick question: When I tried inserting a hotspot link in a graphic that goes to another topic in my project, after I build it to chm and test it, I get this error message:
pagecantbefound.jpg
Does that mean I need to update my skin? This worked before I downloaded H&M 7.

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Hotspot doesn't work with 7

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Cindy,

Which skin are you using? Unfortunately, it's impossible to see what skin you are using from your screenshot. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
VaLene Hulme

Unread post by VaLene Hulme »

I'm having this same problem using any of the Premium Pack 2.51 CHM skins (CHM_LightBlue, CHM_DarkBlue, etc.) The CHM_LightBlue skin published in H&M6 works fine. But when published in H&M7, any hotspots that link to another help topic give the error. For this reason, I had changed to an updated skin in H&M7, only to find that my hotspots to anchors no longer "scrolled & blinked" as we discussed on January 27-28. I'm hoping to purchase the 3.1 Premium Pack, but in the meantime, I'm stuck with broken hotspots to other help topics, or no scrolling/blinking to anchors. Perhaps a temporary workaround is to continue writing in H&M7, but publishing in H&M6?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Valene,

Your problem is almost certainly just an outdated skin. Popup problems have been fixed in those skins quite a while ago and the current version is 2.72. Just re-download and install with the download link and your installation password from the mail you received when you purchased the Premium Pack. If you no longer have that information write to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and we will help you out. 8)
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
cindynotbrady

Thanks for this. I work in a team of 6. (Valene, who commented above, is on my team. Hi, Valene!) Do we all need to purchase the skin copy for all of us? I know it's quite easy to save them to a place on our network, and I don't want to cheat you out of your money. So just give it to me straight: should we each have our own copy of the skins, even though we will likely alter it and use only one copy?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Cindy,
cindynotbrady wrote:Thanks for this. I work in a team of 6. (Valene, who commented above, is on my team. Hi, Valene!) Do we all need to purchase the skin copy for all of us? I know it's quite easy to save them to a place on our network, and I don't want to cheat you out of your money. So just give it to me straight: should we each have our own copy of the skins, even though we will likely alter it and use only one copy?
You only need a license if you are using the skin to generate the output. If the others are only editing the project and not publishing the project with it, then only the person doing the actual publishing needs to have the license.

That being said, which skin are you using? I still don't know that... 8)
Regards,

Private support:
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Cindy,
cindynotbrady wrote:Thanks for this. I work in a team of 6. (Valene, who commented above, is on my team. Hi, Valene!) Do we all need to purchase the skin copy for all of us? I know it's quite easy to save them to a place on our network, and I don't want to cheat you out of your money. So just give it to me straight: should we each have our own copy of the skins, even though we will likely alter it and use only one copy?
You only need a license if you are using the skin to generate the output. If the others are only editing the project and not publishing the project with it, then only the person doing the actual publishing needs to have the license.

That being said, which skin are you using? I still don't know that... 8)
Regards,

Private support:
cindynotbrady

We are using the skins from Premium Pack 2.15 / CHM Skins (the date mark is 11/21/2012), but then we do a little tweaking with the logo, colors, etc. So I'm a little concerned that we will have to do this anytime a new premium pack comes out or a new version of Help&Manual?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Cindy,
We are using the skins from Premium Pack 2.15
Those are so far out of date that all bets are off. They have not even been updated to work with HM7. the current version is 2.72. You can download and install it with the same link and personal password you used to get the original. If you no longer have these please contact me at support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and I will help you out.
Regards,

Private support:
cindynotbrady

Thanks, Tim. I will email you because I can't remember where we put those files. And I will also purchase the new skins once you get that blinking feature back in... :D With Trump a hope for our new president, we may all have billions to throw around. :vconfused: (Totally inappropriate political joke. Totally not serious. I hope that translates in all languages.)
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Cindy,

No problem, understood as delivered. Have a great weekend! :mrgreen:
Regards,

Private support: