Heading on 2-Column page for pdf output

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Rob Davis

Heading on 2-Column page for pdf output

Unread post by Rob Davis »

Hi
We need to create a library of many simple 2/4-page technical sheets. Typically, these will have a 2-column layout holding all content. The front page needs a full-width heading, but all subsequent pages will simply use the 2-column layout.
Question - How can set the Print Manual Designer.pdf template/skin template file to get a full-width heading on just the first 2-column content page?
I thought of using the 'Cover page' layout for the first page, but then I dont know how to put regular content, in a two-column layout, on that page.
(Perhaps I am being dense, but I cant figure out a soution!)
Thanks
heading on
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Heading on 2-Column page for pdf output

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Rob,

This isn't possible, I'm afraid. It's a limitation of how the multi-column layout works in Manual Designer. It is always for the entire page and everything on it. :?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Rob Davis

Unread post by Rob Davis »

OK - thanks, I understand.
Is there any way that I can populate the Heading with different content (possibly topics or text variables) for different pages (like the Word facility of 'different first page'?)
This wouldn't solve the problem completely, but it would help a lot!
Regards
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Rob,
Rob Davis wrote:Is there any way that I can populate the Heading with different content (possibly topics or text variables) for different pages (like the Word facility of 'different first page'?)
No, unfortunately not. There is no way to change the values of variables based on the page. For the moment, this is an insoluble problem. You might want to post a suggestion/feature request in the Wish List section, which is monitored by our developers. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.