Include options displayed in two columns in Edit task action

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Nadia Gaganova

Include options displayed in two columns in Edit task action

Unread post by Nadia Gaganova »

A funny sort of bug.

Sometimes the include options in publishing dialog (tried it only in Task Manager) are shown in two columns 4 items in each, and as I have more than two custom builds I cannot see them all. This happens only in HTML/CHM formats, where there's a Skin Options panel at the right side. Clicking back and forth with other formats makes the include options finally display in one column, and then I can see (and click) any of them.

So, not urgent but may be worth fixing.
Omit needles swords
Ed Hawco

Re: Include options displayed in two columns in Edit task ac

Unread post by Ed Hawco »

I have this same problem, with the addition of having some of my builds hidden from view. I've only noticed it as of today. (H&M 7.1.0 Build 3925, running on Windows 10.)

To reproduce:

1. Open a project where you have defined several builds in Configuration > Common Properties > Custom Builds.

2. Go to Publish tab and edit a publishing task.

3. On the "Include Options" tab, look at the "Include Options" list. Instead of the usual single column of options there are two columns of four (even when your original task had more than eight build options.)

This is happening with publishing tasks that I've been using for years, and suddenly my custom build options are not appearing. IMPORTANT: The publishing tasks are still working correctly! As in, if I had previously selected a build called "HAPPYBUILD," it will still compile with the HAPPYBUILD build even if HAPPYBUILD does not appear in the list. (This tells me that it's just a display bug; as in, a bug on what's displayed in the "include options" panel.)

Short term workaround to get the options back:

1. In the Output File tab of the publishing task, re-select your skin (or choose a different skin).

2. Go back to the "Include Options" tab: your build options are there, and with the correct selections!

3. Click OK. Then re-open the Publishing Task for editing. *POW!* Your "include options" have disappeared again. (But at least it will compile according to what was selected before they disappeared.)

Illustrated:

Please fix! :-)
e
d
============================================
Ed Hawco
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Confirmed, thanks for noticing this! It will be fixed asap. We didn't notice it because we never use more than two or three build options in our own projects. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Ed Hawco

I'm waking this up because a variation of this problem is still happening.

Specifically (and apparently randomly) the Include Options will change to two columns instead of one. While I can see all of m build conditions, this knocks the "Include skin options" items off the page. Coinciding with this is that the "Topic URL Below Page" item randomly checks itself OFF. But I can only see that it's checked off after I re-apply the skin, which re-sets this panel, and now I can see that the item is OFF (it should be ON).

I can't pinpoint WHEN this happens, as it is only occasionally. Today I saw it after converting a project from compressed to uncompressed.
e
d
Ed Hawco
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Ed,

Please take a screenshot of this behavior and mail it to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) so that I can show the developers exactly what you are seeing and where. Include the following:
  • Windows version
  • Monitor resolution (available in the Display section in your Windows settings)
  • Scaling percentage set for size of text, apps etc, in the Display section in your Windows settings
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Ed Hawco

OK, it happened again, so I've sent a screenshot and the requested information (sent in two emails because I forgot to include the extra info in the first email. Mea culpa.)

For the record: this seems to happen (at least to me) after converting a compressed project to uncompressed (via "Save as..."). It fixes itself if I re-select the skin in the Output File tab.
e
d
Ed Hawco