How to change the background image in skins

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Sean Godley

How to change the background image in skins

Unread post by Sean Godley »

Hi all,

I am a new user with Help and Manual. I have got Help and Manual v.7 along with the pluspack for a technical writing project. Currently I am trying out the new skins from v.3. I am happy with how they look but I would like to change the background images if possible. For example in the Boxed Blue Diamond template, how do I change the images that appear behind the text? For the moment I am simply using some of the example manuals that come with Help and Manual. Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Sean
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: How to change the background image in skins

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Sean,

How to change the background and everything else is all explained in detail in the documentation. You can find it in the Help & Manual Premium Pack 3.1 chapter added to the main Help & Manual help when you installed the PP. If you look in the V3 Responsive Skins chapter you will find sections on configuring backgrounds and everything else relevant. It really helps to look through all this. You will be able to get a lot more out of the skins if you do.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Martin Wynne

Unread post by Martin Wynne »

Tim Green wrote:It really helps to look through all this. You will be able to get a lot more out of the skins if you do.
Hi Tim,

But I think it needs to be flagged up much more clearly that the PP help is in the CHM and nowhere else. For example I always use the online help at http://help.ec-software.com/ because of the easier Google searching and the ability to have several help pages open in separate browser tabs. The CHM viewer is an awful thing to use, and I try to avoid it as much as possible.

regards,

Martin.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Martin,
Tim Green wrote:But I think it needs to be flagged up much more clearly that the PP help is in the CHM and nowhere else.
I disagree. People who write documentation in Windows can be assumed to have a basic understanding of how Windows programs work and how to access documentation. There is an entire tab called "Help". That's pretty obvious. If you aren't willing to check the documentation you can't expect to get anything done. Cars don't have signs in them saying that you need to turn the steering wheel clockwise and counterclockwise to go right or left. 8)
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Martin Wynne

Hi Tim,

Something gone wrong with the quoting there. :?

My point was not the essential need to refer to the documentation, but which version of it to use. There is no Premium Pack help in the online version.

regards,

Martin.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Tim Green wrote:There is no Premium Pack help in the online version.
And that is also not the official version. It's only a convenience to refer to on the forum and in support mails, and it's usually at least a little out of date. The official help is always the help you get in the program, and for that there is a tab called "Help", where ALL the links refer to the current help. It's really not possible to make it any more obvious than that. Pressing F1 also brings up the official help.
Regards,

Private support:
Martin Wynne

Tim Green wrote:And that is also not the official version. It's only a convenience to refer to on the forum and in support mails, and it's usually at least a little out of date.
Hi Tim,

I don't want to be argumentative (although it gets easier with age :) ).

But this looks fairly "official" to me:
hm_docs.png
regards,

Martin.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.