Sortable in HTML help and not in Webhelp

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Gerold Krommer

Sortable in HTML help and not in Webhelp

Unread post by Gerold Krommer »

I'm 100% sure this is a simple one and I'm just not seeing it. Grrrr!

I have defined a sortable table and it is coming out fine in the CHM version. Using a pp skin (based on boxed_blue_diamond) it is not sortable.

Thanks,

/Gerold
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Sortable in HTML help and not in Webhelp

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Gerold,

Sortable tables are not implemented in the version three responsive skins because you can't use tables in responsive layouts. They would break the layout on tablets and smart phones. If you need the sortable tables for desktop browsers only, you need to use the V2 WebHelp/EWriter skins.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Gerold Krommer

Unread post by Gerold Krommer »

Thanks Tim, approximately what I expected :-)
Ed Hawco

Unread post by Ed Hawco »

Is this answer from more than three years ago still valid? (Can't do sortable tables with v3 responsive skins.)

I ask because I just spent most of an afternoon fighting with this and only now did I find this answer. It's not making sense to me because "you can't use tables in responsive layouts" seems off; I use responsive layouts and my projects are full of tables!

If this *is* still true, please mention it in the Premium Pack documentation. This seems like an 800-pound "if" and I think it bears mentioning in the documentation given that responsive skins are in use more and more.
e
d
============================================
Ed Hawco
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Ed,
Is this answer from more than three years ago still valid? (Can't do sortable tables with v3 responsive skins.)
Yes, this is still true and they won't be reinstated because we don't want to encourage something that will break the layout. And if you're using tables in your responsive layouts the layouts may look OK on desktop computers but they won't be very usable on mobile devices, unfortunately. :?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.