Formatting text in Common Properties > Title & Copyright

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Ed Hawco

Formatting text in Common Properties > Title & Copyright

Unread post by Ed Hawco »

Hello. Is there a way to format text that is entered into the Common Properties > Title & Copyright field? Specifically, I'd like to apply superscript to a ® symbol, but it would be nice to be able to do other basic formatting too, such as Italics, bold, coloring text, etc. HTML tags come through verbatim, so I know that doesn't work. Is there some kind of markup that does work?
e
d
============================================
Ed Hawco
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Formatting text in Common Properties > Title & Copyright

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Ed,

Sorry, that's not possible because variables are by definition plain text only. You can format the variable that you insert in the body of a topic, but then all the text and set it by the variable will be formatted in the way that the variable is formatted. You can’t apply different formatting to an individual part of the text inserted by a variable. Any formatting always applies to the entire text. Also, even this is only possible in the body of a topic. Variables inserted in the TOC or text fields in your configuration settings are always plain text only.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Simon Dismore

Re: Formatting text in Common Properties > Title & Copyright

Unread post by Simon Dismore »

Ed Hawco wrote:Specifically, I'd like to apply superscript to a ® symbol
Perhaps you could change your typeface? Some common fonts already position the ® symbol much higher than Arial does.
how some common fonts display a registration symbol.PNG
FYI there was some discussion about this in Superscripts in variables last year, too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.