Full Text Search

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Paul Smith

Full Text Search

Unread post by Paul Smith »

A couple of questions
1) I've set the built-in FTS in HM7 to 'PHP', but it still seems to be using Javascript - am I doing something wrong? (Also, it doesn't generate an .ZDAT files or anything. The SEARCH.PHP file is added to the distribution, but doesn't seem to be used).

2) I've tried using my full copy of Zoom 7 with HM7, but it just seems to hang at 'Indexing' the project in that case. Are there any particular settings I should or shouldn't be using in the ZCFG file. I'd like to have autosuggest & logging which are the main reasons I was looking at using the full version of Zoom.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Full Text Search

Unread post by Tim Green »

Paul Smith wrote:1) I've set the built-in FTS in HM7 to 'PHP', but it still seems to be using Javascript - am I doing something wrong? (Also, it doesn't generate an .ZDAT files or anything. The SEARCH.PHP file is added to the distribution, but doesn't seem to be used).
If you're using a skin you need to change the setting in the skin, not in your project. My guess is that you set it in your project. :) You can open and edit the .hmskin file just like a normal project. You'll find all the settings in the same places, but with a more limited set than in a project. All the settings, templates and other components that exist in a skin replace all the corresponding elements from your project when the skin is used to publish.
Paul Smith wrote:2) I've tried using my full copy of Zoom 7 with HM7, but it just seems to hang at 'Indexing' the project in that case. Are there any particular settings I should or shouldn't be using in the ZCFG file. I'd like to have autosuggest & logging which are the main reasons I was looking at using the full version of Zoom.
Autosuggest probably won't work with HM output, it's one of the things that aren't implemented. You can download a Word file with the additional instructions for setting up the full version of Zoom here. This describes configuration for an older version of the Premium Pack, but the same principles apply throughout.

It's particularly important to get the paths right for telling Zoom which folder to process after Help & Manual has generated the WebHelp. You have to set this in two places in the Start Options section. This is explained in the Word doc.

Important change: In HM7 the TOC, index and search pages you need to skip in the Skip Options section are called hmcontent.html, hmftsearch.html and hmkwindex.html. They now always have the same names.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Paul Smith

Re: Full Text Search

Unread post by Paul Smith »

Tim Green wrote:If you're using a skin you need to change the setting in the skin, not in your project. My guess is that you set it in your project. :) You can open and edit the .hmskin file just like a normal project. You'll find all the settings in the same places, but with a more limited set than in a project. All the settings, templates and other components that exist in a skin replace all the corresponding elements from your project when the skin is used to publish.
Ah, that is probably it! :-)
Autosuggest probably won't work with HM output, it's one of the things that aren't implemented.
OK
You can download a Word file with the additional instructions for setting up the full version of Zoom here.
Ah, that is just what I was looking for. My Google-Fu failed me.