Style from Delphi Seattle-10

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Martin Wynne

Re: Style from Delphi Seattle-10

Unread post by Martin Wynne »

robinski wrote:Now I'm writing a custom "right click" for the field level to display the popup help for the fields.
Hi Rob,

A popup help topic for a single field can be done by calling a separate smaller EWriter viewer to display your Webhelp data package. You can modify the page template for the viewer to hide the navigation pane, and use a smaller window for the viewer.

There is also a skin setting for EWriter where if you call a topic using the full format index.html?topic.html you get the full EWriter Webhelp, if you use only topic.html you get the topic only without the TOC.

But if you are using Delphi and don't need javascript in a field-level popup (no toggles, etc.), why not simply create a Delphi form to display the popup? Use Delphi's own HTML viewer or David Baldwin's THTMLViewer component ( free from: http://pbear.com/htmlviewers.html ). The latter will display topics created by H&M just fine, basically just LoadFromFile('topic.htm').

regards,

Martin.
robinski

Re: Style from Delphi Seattle-10

Unread post by robinski »

Hi Martin & Tim.

Thanks for the guidance.
[1]The Javascript requirement is out. I really only want to display the popup on the right mouse click... not the whole eBook with the popup window.

[2] I've found a few Delphi samples of creating a popup rectangle... (the link you provided Martin is 8 years old... but I'll take a look at the routine)... now I just have to figure out how to get the text. The LoadFromFile() looks promising, but the only value I have is the Field.HelpContext number. is there a way to extract the query similar to the CHM method without actually having to load the viewer and ebook?

Again, I appreciate the assistance. My eBook display from the app is clean; easy to navigate; and just plain looks awesome. Thanks for the great product.

Cheers,
R