Page referrer now superscript

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Francis Langlois

Page referrer now superscript

Unread post by Francis Langlois »

In January when we used Page Referrers, it was in-line with the text.
pagereferrrer.gif
We noticed in our recent builds that the page referrer was superscript and wrecking the line spacing where it appears. I think the Page referrer is now some kind of superscript that doesn't fit on the line.

If we use different printer drivers for the publishing, this affects how big the page referrer is and therefore how weird the line spacing looks.

This happens if we recompile or old builds too so it appears to be a change in the PDF building engine or H&M since January. Is this a bug. Or was the old behavior a bug? Is there any place were we can tweak this and can we get the old inline behavior back?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Page referrer now superscript

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Francis,

We will definitely look into this. However, note that you can choose from a wide range of page referrer styles and some of them are larger than others. For the time being you may be able to correct this by choosing a differente style.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

Looks fine for me, still unchanged, inline. Can you send me a small demo project to reproduce this?
Clip1.gif
If you are using a paragraph style, make sure that the "Print view" of the paragraph style does not have extended line spacing. In the status bar of the main window, you find a toggle button to toggle between screen and print styles while editing a topic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH
Tim Frost

Unread post by Tim Frost »

I can confirm the same effect, after checking back to an old PDF and comparing it with the current one. We create a PDF on each build but only supply it on special request because it runs to over 2200 pages - so I seldom look at it. In our case it happens with the rounded rectangle page referrer. We are using XPS as the reference printer. The fonts affected a have 'same as screen view' enabled in the printer font settings.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Update: This was related to the DPI setting in Windows and monitor resolution. It should be fixed in this stable beta build, please give it a try and let us know:

http://download.ec-software.com/help-an ... 0-beta.exe
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Tim Frost

Unread post by Tim Frost »

Thanks, clearly I should have mentioned that my screen text size is 'medium'! I think I will have to wait for the release, unless you think it is safe to use the beta now with the current PP (not using a responsive skin).
Francis Langlois

Unread post by Francis Langlois »

Glad there is a fix. I will try to upload my project in a zip file. If there is a better way let me know. I seem to be failing by adding it as an attachment.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Tim Frost wrote:Thanks, clearly I should have mentioned that my screen text size is 'medium'! I think I will have to wait for the release, unless you think it is safe to use the beta now with the current PP (not using a responsive skin).
It is absolutely OK to use the current beta with the current PP. I only work in the beta and everything is working fine. 8)
Regards,

Private support:
Tim Green
Site Admin

Francis Langlois wrote:Glad there is a fix. I will try to upload my project in a zip file. If there is a better way let me know. I seem to be failing by adding it as an attachment.
Don't try to upload projects to the forum; that's counterproductive. Always mail them directly to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @). However, you no longer need to send us a project for this issue at all, since it has been corrected. Just install the stable beta to get the fix:

http://download.ec-software.com/help-an ... 0-beta.exe
Regards,

Private support: