Default Settings for Screenshot Toggle

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

bedipritpal

Default Settings for Screenshot Toggle

Unread post by bedipritpal »

Hi

First timer on board of this great product called HelpManuals.

I have noticed this:

1. Right-click on a picture.
2. Point to Picture > Convert Picture to a Toggle
3. Thumbnail: 100.00 > 80.00 % of document width
4. Done - All is Good.
5. Another Picture > Right Click > Picture > Convert Picture to a Toggle
6. Thumbnail: AGAIN 100.00 % of picture size.
7. Retype 80.00 and click radio button of % of document width - A lot of unnecessary work and a big productivity looser.

Can this be made to remember last settings ?

Pritpal Bedi
a student of software analysis & concepts
http://www.vouch.in/
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Default Settings for Screenshot Toggle

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Pritpal,

Thanks for this note, and welcome to the forum! Some of Help+Manual's dialogs do remember recent settings, so I agree it would be helpful if this one would too. I'm passing this on to our developers.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

Hi Pritpal,

Thank you for your suggestions! However, the image toggle dialog does remember the settings you used for the last picture. It does so, when you insert multiple new toggle images in a row.

When you convert a picture into a toggle image, The logic is different: H&M takes the current display size of the picture for the thumbnail. If this is a large image that has been resized to about 50% of its original size, H&M presets the thumbnail size at 50%. The expanded size is always full size for toggle images.
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH
bedipritpal

Unread post by bedipritpal »

Hi Alexander

Yes, I know toggle dialog retains the last settings when multiple images are inserted. That's fine.

And the logic you presented here is also logical. But...
Think from an help-author's point-of-view. As developers we might take our assumptions as most appropriate, but that is not the solution for everybody. In my development career of 25 years I have learnt that as much power you delegate to the end-user, the more acceptability your application will attract. You may implement it like this, and it should not be a complex at all,

1 Picture > Right-click > Convert Picture to a Toggle
1a Picture > Right-click > Convert Picture to a Toggle (Style) > Menu of User Defined Styles
2. Selecting an option in 1a, push the userdefined values in the toggle dialog and display it, focus being on <Ok> buttin.

In Toggle dialog add another option > Save as a Style.

Yes, you get it right, I am talking about "toggle styles".

Pritpal Bedi
a student of software analysis & concepts
http://www.vouch.in/ ( Site in development purely based on HelpManuals 7 + V3 Responsive Skin

PS: I dared to write help of my applications solely because of HelpManuals excellent features.