How to copy files without using split explorer in H&M 7

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Venkatesh Dasari

How to copy files without using split explorer in H&M 7

Unread post by Venkatesh Dasari »

Hi Tim,
Greetings
I have upgraded to Help&Manual 7.1. I am unable to find "Split Explorer" in H&M 7.
I am curious to know is there any other possible way to explore the topic files.

Thanks & Regards,
Venkatesh Dasari
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: How to copy files without using split explorer in H&M 7

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Venkatesh,

The split Explorer mode was removed in HM7 because it was almost never used and was rather cumbersome anyway. If you want to copy files between projects the easiest way to do this is to open Help+Manual twice and load one project in each copy. You can also view your topic files in the Project Files section in the lower area of the Project Explorer, where you can create sub-folders for organizing topic files.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Venkatesh Dasari

Unread post by Venkatesh Dasari »

Thanks for the quick response Tim.
when working with H&M 6, we used to drag and drop specific topic(from 8000 topic files available) to different projects by using split explorer. It was really quite helpful and time saving feature.
But in H&M 7, it will be a bit difficult to drag and drop in the same project explorer.

Any ideas welcome.

Thanks in advance
Venky
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Venky,
Venkatesh Dasari wrote:But in H&M 7, it will be a bit difficult to drag and drop in the same project explorer.
It is difficult in the same explorer because you have to move such a long distance. But it is really very easy if you open Help+Manual twice. If you are using the uncompressed HMXP/XML project format (and you should be for such large projects!) you can also do this by opening the same project twice in two instances of Help+Manual. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.