Editing Skin Text Variables

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

AlisonSMorin

Editing Skin Text Variables

Unread post by AlisonSMorin »

Hi,

I'd like to change the skin-header-color however the properties are read only. I have saved a copy of the original skin (Webhelp, Responsive, Blue, Keywordlist) to my desktop and am opening it using Help & Manual. One thought I had is that when I tried to just double click on the file on my desk top I got the message that my trial version had expired. I am using the full professional version and I have full rights to it. I am going to try entering the product key to see if that will do it but thought I would ask the question in case it does not.

Alison
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Editing Skin Text Variables

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Alison,

The configuration variables in the skin will only be read-only if you have more than one copy of the skin open. Make sure that all other copies are closed, then it should be OK. You do need to enter your serial number and activation code to turn off trial mode. You can do this in the Help menu with the serial number option there. If you continue to have problems please write to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and we will help you out.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.